Answered By: John Kissinger
Last Updated: Apr 17, 2019     Views: 110

"Scholarly" or "peer-reviewed articles can be found in journals that are published by academic (college or university) or professional journals (such as the American Bar Association Journal)  In order to qualify for publication in these journals, the author needs to possess the proper professional credentials to write in his or her field. The articles are also reviewed by academic peers for accuracy and credibility.  These articles will often include bibliographic citations and discuss research methodologies.

Searching in GALILEO is a great start for finding and learning more about scholarly and peer-reviewed articles.

"Many of the databases have a checkbox that allows you to limit your search to just "scholarly" or "peer-reviewed" articles. Look for those when you're doing your search. 

The link below provides and here's a brief video tutorial that further explains what these articles are and how to search for them using GALILEO.



Send Us An E-Mail

Please give an e-mail address so we know where to send your answer. We will not share it.
Your Question
Your Info
Fields marked with * are required.