Answered By: John Kissinger Last Updated: Sep 28, 2015 Views: 55
Answered By: John Kissinger
Last Updated: Sep 28, 2015 Views: 55
Wireless Configuration for Windows 7
- Click on the wireless icon and then click on Manage Wireless Networks
- Click on Manage wireless networks
- The Manage wireless networks dialog is displayed.
Click the Add button.
- Select Manually create a network profile
- Enter WAVE (in uppercase) for the Network Name:
Select WPA2-Enterprise for Security type:
Select AES for Encryption type:
Click the Next button
- Click Change connection settings
- Select the Security tab
Make sure that WPA2-Enterprise is selected for Security type:
and AES is selected for Encryption type:
Select Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP) for Choose a network authentication method:
Click the Settings button
- The Protected EAP Properties dialog will be displayed.
Click the Configure... button
- EAP MSCAHPv2 Properties dialog will be shown
Uncheck Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any)
Click Ok, Ok, Ok, Close
- You should see a notification in the system tray after a few seconds telling you that your wireless network card is trying to connect to the network. If you are not prompted for your username and password, click the balloon just above the system tray to receive your login dialog.
User name: 9200…..
Password: ******* (Network password)
Note: you may need to re-enter your logon information a few times before it connects
- If the Windows Security Alert opens, Click Connect
- At this point you should see a blue rotating circle over the wireless icon. This is an indication that your credentials are being authenticated to connect to WAVE.
- If successfully connected you should see solid bars on the wireless icon; otherwise, the icon would have a red X on it.
- Open a web browser to make sure you can access the web.