Answered By: John Kissinger Last Updated: Dec 03, 2015 Views: 32
For a step-by-step tutorial on getting the GALILEO password click on the link below:
HOW TO GET THE GALILEO PASSWORD:
From the Library homepage http://www2.ccga.edu/Library/ , click on the link labeled "Get the GALILEO Password" (located under the "Find Articles" tab). Type in your 9-digit institution ID number (#9200), your PIN number (which you have created), your last name, and click "Login to My Account."
The current GALILEO password will be displayed. Please note: The GALILEO password changes every semester. NOTE: If you do not have a PIN number, click on "Get My Pin" (located under "Login to My Account") and one will be emailed to your CCGA email address.
HOW TO ESTABLISH A PIN NUMBER:
Why do you need a PIN? In an effort to provide more security in accessing your account online, the use of a PIN has been implemented. Since the user determines the PIN, this helps insure the prevention of unauthorized access to your account. THIS IS NOT THE SAME PASSWORD THAT YOU USE TO ACCESS THE CCGA COMPUTERS.
What can your PIN do for you? Use your PIN to log into your account to obtain the following information:
- The GALILEO password.
- Viewing the list of items you have checked out.
- Renewing materials online.
- Making a materials request.
- Reviewing the status of requested items.
How do I get my PIN? From the "My Account" screen:
- Enter your CCGA ID number (9200#).
- Enter your last name.
- Click on the "Get My PIN" link (bottom) and a temporary PIN will be immediately emailed to your CCGA student webmail account.
- Once you have received your temporary PIN, log back into your account and re-enter your information.
- Remember to change your PIN! Click on the "Change PIN" button, located directly under your name & address in your patron account.
1. If you are a student who is not currently enrolled (i.e. taking classes) at CCGA, you will not be able obtain the GALILEO password through this system.
2. The PIN number will only be E-mailed to your CCGA Student Webmail account. If you are not using or checking this account, you will be unable to receive your pin number through this system.
- Please Note: Using Internet Explorer to change your PIN will cause the browser to hang up for a minute or so while completing the process. Firefox is recommended if possible because it does not have a delay.
- What if you forget your PIN? What if you forget your PIN? You can use the "Get My PIN"link on the login screen to have it emailed to you.