Answered By: John Kissinger Last Updated: Jan 13, 2017 Views: 5666
GALILEO IS NOW ACCESSIBLE WITHOUT A PASSWORD
To gain access to GALILEO without a password log into your D2L Brightspace portal (webpage). Look to the very bottom of the right side of the screen and you will see a box with the words GALILEO SEARCH BOX. You can type your search term into this box and access GALILEO through it without a password.
HOW TO GET THE GALILEO PASSWORD:
From the Library homepage http://www.ccga.edu/Library/ , click on the link labeled "Get the GALILEO Password" (located under the "Find Articles" tab). Type in your 9-digit institution ID number (#9200), your PIN number (which you have created), your last name, and click "Login to My Account."
The current GALILEO password will be displayed. Please note: The GALILEO password changes every semester. NOTE: If you do not have a PIN number, click on "Get My Pin" (located under "Login to My Account") and one will be emailed to your CCGA email address.
HOW TO ESTABLISH A PIN NUMBER:
Why do you need a PIN? In an effort to provide more security in accessing your account online, the use of a PIN has been implemented. Since the user determines the PIN, this helps insure the prevention of unauthorized access to your account.
What can your PIN do for you? Use your PIN to log into your account to obtain the following information:
- The GALILEO password.
- Viewing the list of items you have checked out.
- Renewing materials online.
- Making a materials request.
- Reviewing the status of requested items.
How do I get my PIN? From the "My Account" screen:
- Enter your CCGA ID number (9200#).
- Enter your last name.
- Click on the "Get My PIN" link (bottom) and a temporary PIN will be immediately emailed to your CCGA student webmail account.
- Once you have received your temporary PIN, log back into your account and re-enter your information.
- Remember to change your PIN! Click on the "Change PIN" button, located directly under your name & address in your patron account.
- Please Note: Using Internet Explorer to change your PIN will cause the browser to hang up for a minute or so while completing the process. Firefox is recommended if possible because it does not have a delay.
- What if you forget your PIN? What if you forget your PIN? You can use the "Get My PIN"link on the login screen to have it emailed to you.